Ryan M. Henry
Ryan Henry is a trial lawyer. As a trial lawyer, Attorney Henry’s loyalty is to only one person/ entity, and that is his client. From the moment you meet with Attorney Henry in the initial consultation and until your matter is resolved, he will fight for your best interest whether it is by way of settlement, trial or an appeal. Attorney Henry prides himself on continually preparing and analyzing his cases to put his clients in the best situation to resolve their legal issue.
Attorney Henry has litigated over a thousand complex disputes including catastrophic car accidents, motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, boating accidents, product liability claims, premises liability, uninsured/ underinsured motorist claims, commercial litigation, copyright infringement, dram shop claims (liquor liability), violations of the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act, the Connecticut Trade Secrets Act, business disputes, criminal matters, commercial and residential landlord/ tenant disputes, social security disability claims, and workers’ compensation matters. Attorney Henry is also often requested to assist both his individual and corporate clients to defend claims when an insurance company refuses to provide coverage for the claim or a defense.
In addition to his litigation background, Attorney Henry provides transactional and counseling services to small businesses and health care providers. Attorney Henry has significant experience in negotiating and closing residential and commercial real estate closings. Attorney Henry has also negotiated the purchase and sale of corporations.
Attorney Henry was raised in Newtown, Connecticut and currently resides with his family in Southbury, Connecticut where he has served on a local board in a volunteer capacity. He is a member of the American Association for Justice and sits on a committee for the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. Locally, Attorney Henry serves as an officer of the Litchfield County Bar Association. He is also a member of the Connecticut Bar Association as well as the American Bar Association. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, and skiing.
Attorney Henry is admitted to practice law in the Connecticut state and federal courts, as well as the State of New York.
- Connecticut, 2004
- New York, 2005
- J.D. (Cum Laude) Albany Law School, Albany, NY, 2004
- Honors: Deans List
- Honors: Associate Editor for Production, Albany Law School Environmental Outlook Journal
- Honors: Jay H. Millstein Award for the Highest Standing in Professional Responsibility (ethics).
- B.A., (cum laude) Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY, 2001
- Major: Political Science
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Four Years of Varsity Football
- Honors: Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference All Academic Team
- Honors: Washington Semester Program at American University
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Governors, 2018 to present.
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, General Torts Committee, 2018 to present.
- Secretary of the Litchfield Country Bar Association, 2016 to 2018.
- Vice President of the Litchfield County Bar Association, 2018 to 2020.
- President of the Litchfield County Bar Association, 2020 to present.
- Graduate of the Trial Lawyers College
- Member of the American Association for Justice